Wednesday, November 10, 2010

11/10/09

One year ago today I graduated from Cosmetology School at 8 Months Pregnant! It's crazy to think how fast this year has gone. It was one of the best and most accomplished days I will ever have. Besides of course having Roweyn.


I was the first in my class out of around 17 to graduate. Not only that, I was 8 months pregnant, driving three hours a day, four days a week, being gone a total of 11 hours a day. I was determined to finish, knowing that as a soon to be single Mom, I needed this career more than anyone. I knew that if I didn't finish before the baby was born, I wouldn't want to go back and I might never have a way to make the money I needed for both my daughter and me to survive in the years to come. When I started school, I never knew I would be finishing it the way I did. I didn't know I would be preparing myself for a career that would be so important to my life from the very beginning. I was determined from the start, but when I found out I was pregnant, I became more determined than I could have ever been. 


This year went by so incredibly fast. It's hard to believe that it has been a whole year since I got through some of the toughest 13 months of my life. They were also some of the best. I made some amazing friends and I also had some of the best support I could ever ask for while pregnant. My class was my family and I miss them dearly. Its definitely a bummer to me that most of them haven't even met Roweyn, even though they were with me for all but the last month and a half of my pregnancy. Hopefully someday soon, we'll all be able to get together for a little reunion.


I'm so proud of myself for all that I did. 8 months out of those 13 months of school I was pregnant. I never missed a day for the 5 months of morning sickness I had or no matter how tired I was, maybe for other reasons but not because of my pregnancy. But I couldn't have done it without the help of my family. I can never thank them enough for all that they did.


So thank you to my amazing family and my Federico family. You all were and still are the best. And you helped me get through something that could have been really rough, but because of all of you I came out of it better than I could have ever imagined.
Happy 1 Year Graduation to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...