As you read from my last post I learned a few Do's and Dont's of traveling with a baby. So I made a list of what I learned in hopes to help you too! I also made a list of My Must Haves that I always have with me.
My Top tips on flying with a baby:
1. Make a check list of everything you need so you don't forget anything. Double and Triple check it!
2. Bring your baby's birth certificate with you, you'll need it for age verification.
3. Check flight schedule ahead of time.
4. Travel as light as possible. (I know, it's not easily done with a baby!)
5. Bring enough baby food, if your baby is eating solids, in case your flight gets delayed and snacks for the flight if it's a long one.
5. If gate checking a stroller and carseat, prepare while waiting. Unload everything, collapse stroller and put carseat and stroller in bags.
6. Have tylenol, colic/teething tablets, toys/lovey, pacifier, boob or bottle...etc to help keep your baby calm during the flight.
7. If you don't want to take a lot of baby gear, or can't take everything you need, search online in or near the city you are staying for places that rent out baby gear, you're likely to find something.
My Mush Haves:
1. Chicco Travel System It has lots of storage and is easily pushed with one hand!
2. ERGObaby Carrier Doesn't hurt my back and I can breastfeed in it!
3. Toy Leash It can be used as a Sippi Cup leash or a toy leash so they don't fall out of the stroller!
4. Hylands Natural Teething Tablets and Colic Tablets Amazing stuff! Help ease teething pain, calms baby and helps with colic symptoms.
5. Toys of course! Sophie the Giraffe is a must have for teething babies!
6. My camera and ipod nano for taking pictures and recording video!
If you have any of your own tips what are they? Leave a comment with them! I would love to hear them!