Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Twenty Three

Today I turned Twenty Three. 


I've forgotten how young I really am. I've always felt older than my actual age. After having Roweyn, I feel like I've aged even more, instead of feeling like I'm turning Twenty Three, I feel like I'm turning Twenty Eight. But I'm not Twenty Eight, I am only Twenty Three and I am still young and I still have many, many years in my life. (Not that Twenty Eight is old, because it's really not. ha) That's something I forget often, especially being a single Mom. I feel like I need my entire life put together now or it's not going to work out. I feel like the plans that I once had, that I once dreamt of, still need to happen the same way, otherwise I'm letting down Roweyn. Now I know that's really not the case, it's just hard to let go of something you wanted so badly because you didn't have it. I'm sure there are many people that can relate. Lucky enough for me, it is something that I can let go of, because it's not life or death and if it's meant to be it can still happen.




I'm excited for what this next year of my life brings. I'm hoping for some good change. I can't wait to spend every minute I can with Roweyn, just like the past almost two years, watching her grow, remembering everything I can. Life goes by so fast, and it's so easy to forget the little things and sometimes even the big things. It's very bittersweet. I've realized that my Mom must feel the exact same way as I do, especially today, seeing her little girl, now Twenty Three years old. I can't even imagine Roweyn 21 years from now, the same age as I am today. It will be here before I know it and that's just crazy to me!


So here's to not worrying so much about the future, to focusing on what's right in front of me and to remembering and cherishing every moment I can with my family.

































Source: yesandyes.org via Ash on Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...