Thursday, March 17, 2011

TOMS shoes

I have been wanting to get a pair of TOMS for a while now, for a few different reasons. I love the style of them, totally something I would wear on a daily basis. They are amazingly comfortable and the arch support in them doesn't bug me, which is amazing because my feet roll in and anything with a hint of an arch drives me crazy! And last and probably most importantly, for every pair of shoes you buy from them, they give a pair to a child in need! I love this. Unlike other companies who might just give some of the profits to a charity, they actually give a pair of $40 shoes to a child who desperately needs them.


We were at the mall yesterday and I got the chance to try some on at Nordstrom, sadly all the ones I liked, they didn't have my size and they didn't have them online either. I called a local store and they didn't even carry the style that I liked. So when I got home last night I went to TOMS website to take a look and ended up going with a different color than what I had originally chose. Here's what I ended up picking out. These are called Pale Pink Cardones.
They look pink but they are actually more of a light purple according to reviews. I can't wait till I get them!! While browsing the website I came across Tiny TOMS for toddlers. And they are the most adorable shoes ever! I couldn't help myself and I HAD to get a pair for Roweyn. I don't feel guilty about it either because I know that another child will get a pair as well. Here are the darling ones I picked out for her. It was so hard only buying one pair! These are called Ash Paisley Blossom Tiny TOMS.
How stinkin' cute are those?! I can't wait to get them in the mail!! I'm so excited! One thing about TOMS shoes is that they do run big and they stretch, so you normally need to go a 1/2 size to a full size down. I am normally a 7 and they were really loose on me, I tried the 6.5 and still loose. So I went all the way down to a size 6. They feel really tight at first but they stretch pretty fast, so I'm not worried about it. Roweyn normally wears a size 4 in toddlers and I actually decided to stay with the size 4 for her. There weren't any reviews about how they fit on kids, but I am assuming it's the same as adults. I decided to stay with the same size though because even if they are big now, she can wear them later. And what's great about these is they are made out of canvas, so even in summer her feet will still be cool.

TOMS shoes did not ask me or pay me to write about their shoes on my blog, but they are so dang cool that I couldn't help but write about them! The photos I googled, and both ended up coming from TOMS site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...