Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year! | Top Resolutions

It's so weird to think that it's 1/1/11! But it's even weirder to think that Roweyn has lived in 3 different years even though she is only a year old! Born in 2009, we celebrated new years only 4 days after she was born, we had all of 2010 together and now we have all of 2011 and every year after together!
Roweyn celebrating her 2nd New Years

Here are a few of my top resolutions for this year in no particular order. I usually never have resolutions because I've never been good at sticking to them, but I feel like since I am a mom there are things that I need to work on, such as:


Making myself more of a priority.
           I need to take care of my body better, by remembering to eat even when I don't feel hungry (which seems to be all the time). I need to try to gain some weight so I can continue to breastfeed Roweyn.


Having my priorities straight.
         I'm pretty good about this but I want to be even better. Making sure I do what needs to be done first before sitting down to something less important.


Being more assertive with certain people and with my job.
        Making sure that everything I need to say gets said, so I can make sure I'm doing the best I can for myself and for Roweyn even though I'm afraid of it backfiring (although it probably won't). Try to put more effort into furthering my career, start really taking clients and really learning what I'm still unsure of.


Getting Roweyn on a better schedule, mostly at night.
           (She was doing pretty well with going to bed at a good time, sleeping in her crib most of the night and not waking up often. But since about November she has been going to bed later and later and I haven't done much to fix it, probably because I've been so busy preparing for all the holidays and birthdays and have been too tired.)
            So I'm going to work with her to get her to bed earlier, sleeping more in her own crib again and be better about sticking to it.


That's about it for me. Do you have any resolutions? If so, what are they? And do you have any suggestions to help me with mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...