Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy 13 Months Roweyn!

Today, my darling girl, you turned 13 months old! And what a fun month it has been!

I swear your New Years Resolutions were to start walking and talking twice as much as in 2010. Yes, you did start taking steps in December, and you have been talking since 6 months old but now you are doing it non stop. You walk EVERYWHERE now! And it's your mission to get into every. single. thing. that you couldn't get into before. I feel like we've entered new territory because now when I hold you, you squirm in my arms and you want to get down so you can walk around and play. This is so new to me! You want to open every cupboard and drawer to see what's in them and what you can take out. It's so fun to see this new side of you, but so exhausting for me to chase you around and pick up twice as much after you. Everyone is so surprised by you when they see you walk, you are still such a teeny little girl weighing only 15lbs 10oz. But you have gotten taller which helps! You are now 29 1/4in!

You seem to have developed a whole new personality. Especially with the new words you have learned like "Stop" and "Don't". Sometimes when you are getting into something you are not supposed to be in, I will tell you to stop, and you will look at me and point your finger at me while "yelling" and pretending to be mommy. I know I'm not supposed to laugh at this, but it's just so funny that it's hard not to. And of course, I don't yell, I just talk sternly. :)

Besides exploring all the new places you couldn't get to before you walked, some of your favorite things to do right now, are walk Cyder on her leash, pretend to put make up on like mommy does, climb the stairs, and read books together.

You have 8 teeth now, with 4 on their way in. You got your first owie the other day. You were trying to reach for something, lost your balance and hit your mouth on the corner of the table. You split the inside of your top lip but you were such a trooper! Only cried for a minute and you couldn't even tell just by looking at you that you had even gotten hurt. You are getting better about going to bed earlier and falling asleep in your crib. It's still a work in progress but I am so proud by how fast you have learned that it's okay to sleep in there by yourself.

I can't wait to see what this year has in store for us, I think it's going to be a very fun and exciting year! Thanks for being the best thing that's ever happened to me! I love you so much!!

Love,
Your Mama

(P.S. Photos to come later once my comp. is fixed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...