Saturday, June 5, 2010

Time Flys When You're Having Fun!

So I told myself I was going to write more often on here, and yet here I am almost a month later posting again. :| oops! Well what can I say? We've been busy!


Between the last post and now not a whole lot has happened. Just been having fun with Rowe and keeping busy.


But last week we were gone all week. We went to Humboldt County to visit family. Rowe and I drove up with my Dad. It was the first time we were really on our own without my Mom for more than a day. We're not around her much during the day anyway but not having her there just in case was interesting. It gave me a chance to see how I can do on my own. And we did great! :)


We saw most of our family and some great friends! We were very excited to see Jen with Asa and her new baby Cain. So adorable by the way! Rowe wanted to play with him so badly!








We went to the Kinetic Sculpture Races while we were there which was a lot of fun. For those of you who don't know what the Kinetic Sculpture Races are...it was created by a man who wanted to show kids that you can still have fun even when you're old. Even though there was all different ages in the race. But basically people build a sculpture on top of bikes and then its a 3 day race starting in Arcata and ending in Fortuna. They have to not only ride on streets but also through sand dunes, and in the water and possibly some other obstacles I don't know about. They have to transform their bikes into basically paddle bikes. It's pretty cool. We got to watch most of them launch into the bay in Eureka. While most of them succeeded there were a few that didn't quite make it. It was a lot of fun anticipating which ones would float and move once they were in the water. Most of the time when we go up there its all about visiting family so this was a nice change. 









Rowe learned to pant like a dog when she got excited while we were there. haha It's pretty stinkin cute. She also learned how to stick her toes in her mouth and suck on them! Probably even cuter!


I used disposable diapers while we were there because I would have had to spend time washing our cloth diapers and I wanted to focus on the fam. Not that washing cloth diapers takes a long time it just takes more time than disposables. They are so worth the extra time though. After using sposies for the week I pretty much hated that decision! ha They made Roweyn's bum irritated, they stink, there were blowouts (we've never had one in our cloth dipes), and you have to change them way more often than cloth! We're going to Reno this next weekend and I will definitely be using our Fuzzibunz cloth dipes!


We haven't seen any pink in Rowe's diapers for a few weeks now so yay for that!


I haven't gotten a job yet but I'm not too worried about it. When the time is right one will pop up. And I have something in August that I can do if I don't have a job in a salon. And it's actually pretty cool. So whatever comes up first I'll be pretty excited.


Now that we're all caught up on whats been going on the past few weeks I'll try to have another post up shortly thats mainly all about the new things Rowe can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...